June 3, 2011

Another Lesson Learnt.

Got invited for this 'Kutipan Derma Untuk Membantu Sahabat di UK' event on facebook, and been informed that this one friend had to pay more than 600 pounds for the trip to the dentist which sucks big time I know since it had bitterly resulted on him not being able to go back to Malaysia this summer.

The thing is, at first I was quite reluctant to donate, not because of I don't know him but since I thought of 'For what do I have to donate to this? Dentist trip?', and pretty much convinced, I simply brushed the subject off my mind. Unfortunately I must say it hadn't been able to completely leave my mind in peace. Been haunted with the questions of -Why didn't I donate? Why should I donate? Would it be worth my money? I love to help those in need but can I consider him as one? Just because of a dentist trip seems petty to me no? - every single fucking time when I thought of it, honestly.

But here's the trick.

Even though the reasoning behind the matter is as small and as unconvincing as the 'dentist trip', I almost forget of this one important proverb that teaches us a very good lesson and eventually helps me to come to my sense:

Charity sees the need, not the cause.

I reckon we can't help ourselves from being skeptic, can't avoid contemplating over something similar to this issue. But we must always remember this, must forge this in our minds - For whatever the reasons are, see beyond them. See the need. When someone's in need, and if you're capable of helping, lend your hands. Would it be worth it or not, what I know is, for every good deed you've done in this world, Allah will repay you with something greater than what you've sacrificed.

Indeed, as for today I have learnt something new. Alhamdulillah.

No comments: