April 16, 2011

The Smell of Books.

A full-time novel reader, he called me with that kind of name yesterday, because he saw right after I finished gobbling through Kennedy's, I immediately picked up one of Pamuk's - I've asked him to borrow it from his uni library - and scrambling to my feet full-speed to begin a new, fresh journey. The sound of it pleased me though, because I know that if everything is possible in this world, that'd be one of the possibilities I'll hold dearly, and instead of doing engineering which unfailingly presenting me with sore headaches and dry mouth, this - being a full time novel reader, or any kind of books reader, except ones with full, excruciatingly painful brainy facts (cough) - is something I'll be boisterously, exuberantly enjoy. I discover this interest by myself, not because it's instilled by my parents or likewise, and that makes it much more strangely beautiful; showing you my very wide and keen triumphant smile, as if my winning a rare gold medal and my name is murmured by every single living lips. Bluntly put, books are my second lovers, my second best friends, my babies.

One wish, just this one wish: Let me keep my babies for as long as I'm breathing.

:)

No comments: