May 25, 2011

True Success.

Just another thing I've been meaning to share for eon but blame the exams for putting this up late. Very late, indeed. Anyways he speaks as fast as a bullet train so I bet it'd be a bit hard to comprehend what he's saying - I myself have to listen to this quite number of times before I used the sub as an assistant (there's a sub button next to the play). Have a go, definitely worth your time. 






John Wooden really knows how to play with his words, no? He'd passed away, fyi. Though his soul might have left his body, but his wise words can never be wipe out from this world. They stay. Raptured, to be honest, when he coined his own definition of success which is:

Peace of mind attained only through self-satisfaction knowing you made the effort to do the best of which you're capable.

Ruling out the other definitions that have the gravity of material/ power/ fame/ reputation acquisitions in it, and simply putting it on a much more ground base that can be attained by each and every single individual in this world. And another thing that might sound banal but indispensable (quite), and that is you should never try to be someone else. 


P/S : I love the fact that his dad read poetry for him at night. It gives me the idea of the little else thing I can do for my future children, other than amassing books for our mini library which I'm currently doing. Plus with the fact that only 3% Malaysians read books ignites my mission more. Hopefully, my children will be able to know the bless of having books in their hands, and how enthralling they can be. 

No comments: